The Elefant (German "elephant") was a "schwerer Panzerjager" (heavy tank destroyer) of the German Wehrmacht used in small numbers in World War II. It was built in 1943 under the name Ferdinand, after its designer Ferdinand Porsche. In 1944, after modification of the existing vehicles, they were renamed Elefant. The official German designation was Panzerjager Tiger (P) and the ordnance inventory designation was Sd. Kfz. 184.